Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ready to Parent the Scream Free Way? This FREE course is for you!


As a mom of a very active and challenging 8 year old, I know firsthand that many skillful moms like you are doing the best they can to raise their children in a loving, conscious and intentional way. Moms like you, take very serious the challenge of being effective in loving their children, caring for their partner, managing a household, balancing work and keeping it all together. And I know that things don’t always work out the way we want.

When your work is caring for your children (among so many other things) you simply can’t turn your kids “off” until you are not stressed, tired, or overwhelmed. As we move forward on the journey of motherhood, we sometimes find ourselves needing some support, some practical tools to keep on “keeping”

I also know that pretending that we can handle it all alone all the time, with the constant pressures to do it just “right” can not only stressful but simply unrealistic and unfair. Whether we are aware of it or not, stress affects everything we do especially our parenting.

I feel very blessed by the opportunity to raise my beautiful, sweet and sometimes “testy” 8 years old: she has helped me grow my heart in ways I never thought possible. She puts a smile on my face most days and she teaches me a great deal about life. I have to admit though, that she also challenges me to keep cool and calm at times when she is not. I have learned with time and tons of practice, that how I respond (not react) to her can really make a difference on how I experience my journey as a parent. I have also learned this to be true for the moms I work with: Change the way you respond and handle the stress of parenting and you will transform your life.

Do you know what the biggest enemy of your parenting efforts is? It is not the TV, the Internet, or even drugs. Our biggest enemy is our own emotional, unchecked reactions.
When I say “I lost it with my kids” the “it” in that sentence is our adulthood. We don’t respond to our kids: we have a huge reaction! Then we wonder why our children have so little respect for us. Isn’t it time to do it different?
It’s time to become Scream Free!!!

This course will give you the tools you need to shift from a CHAOS to CALM!

As a parent coach, trained in Early Childhood and Special Needs, I have learned many tools and strategies to help the families I have worked with focus on what they need to do to have the family lives they dream of. But the experience of mothering challenged me to translate those techniques into practical, concrete strategies that truly work. I had the privilege to test these strategies to find what worked for me so I could build a robust plan for keeping myself focus, calm and connected.

I’m launching a 5 week paid course on Scream Free parenting for busy moms in September. I want to offer a free mini course as sort of an introduction to the 5 week full course I’ll be launching in September.

The Details

We’ll go through 3 weeks together where I’ll share simple and practical ways to really learn how to make meaningful changes to get your parenting back on track.

Each week will include a very short video, pdf course materials, and a password protected blog post for you to connect with others, get support and share your experience.

Everything is designed to fit into a busy lifestyle. Most of us do not have the time to join lengthy audio classes, watch hours of video or read through pages of text.

We will cover:
  • 6 tools to immediately start effecting change at home
  • How to keep yourself cool and connected
  • Scripts to use when you are overwhelmed
  • Effective ways to prevent stress build up and identify your unique stress patterns and triggers.
  • How to “”switch on your calm response, no matter how stressful the situation you are in.
  • Gain control of the strongest weapon you naturally have against parental stress: YOU


The Schedule

The course begins August 16 and ends August 23.

Each Saturday you’ll receive the short, video, pdf weekly course materials, and details to call in for the audio class.

Sat Aug 21, Aug 28

Every Monday evening at 8pm EST we’ll get together for the audio class where you can call in by phone.

Monday Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30th

By Tuesday morning you’ll get a link to access the recording if you couldn’t make the call. I highly encourage you to participate live but I understand that some times that may not work. I ask that you find some time to listen to the recording.

The Small Print

You are probably wondering by now, “What’s in it for me?”
  • I’m hoping you find tremendous value in the course, and that you’d also get a taste of what is like working with me.
  • I’m also hoping to work through the finer details of offering a course online to a larger group, so I’ll be relying heavily on your wisdom, comments and your feedback throughout the course.
  • On Fridays, I’ll send you a quick survey or open ended question so I can get a better feel of what works and what doesn’t…as well as what you want more or less of.
  • I’ll also ask you to give me your honest feedback and testimonials about the course for me to use in the future. Of course, this is not a “requirement” to enroll but I hope you'll be willing to contribute your thoughts!
  • Finally, I may choose to repackage this course and offer it as a home study course in the future, so all audio classes will be recorded.
Are you ready to become a Scream Free Mom?

You do need to register so I can get you on my class list. There are a limited number of spots so make sure to register early.

Click Here To Register Now!

*Registration will be open from now until August 16 or until the course is full.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here.

P.S. If you are feeling so overwhelmed that you’re not sure if this will help, I want you to know there are ways…simple, easy, doable steps that will make huge shifts in how you deal with your kids and how you view parenting all together. I’d hate to see you hesitate getting the support you need because of the very thing (stress) that this course will help resolve. I hope you give it a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment