Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gratitude for 2009



Well, it's almost time to say goodbye to 2009. It seems like just a couple of months ago that I was sitting down with my journal and writing down my intentions for this year and here we are, almost done.

I love this time of the year. I love the energy that is almost palpable, as people all around the world, pause to take a look at what the last year has brought to them and for them. I love to revisit my dreams and see what came to pass, what didn't and the surprises in between. I am always amazed about how many wishes manifested in ways that I could have never imagined: amazing people I've met, learning opportunities encountered and the chances to strengthen my personal faith.

One of my favorite things to do is make a list of what I am grateful to from the perspective of the passing year. It sets the tone for how I want to begin the year because I believe very strongly, that gratitude is the prelude to dreams coming true in many ways I can't even understand.

So, here is my list of 15 reasons for abiding gratitude in 2009:

1. My health and that of many of the people I love dearly.

2. The fact that I still get to talk to my parents, even if far away.

3. The support of my amazing husband who doesn't understand my journey half of the time, yet encourages me just the same.

4. The never ending learning in the laboratory of life that I get to have by consciously parenting the  incredible little soul that is our 8 year old daughter!

5. Our new home. A blessing in ways I can't even comprehend.

6. The power of the love and undying support from my friends, my tribe, my peeps.

7. The opportunity to live my life's passion through my work as a parent coach and educator

8. The traveling I got to do this year, connecting with very special family and friends.

9. The trust of so many people that believed that there was a place for The Soulful Parent in this world. 

10. The fact that I not only have access to so many great books, but that I have the ability to read them and learn from them.

11. The convenience of a tool I love for entertaining, educating and relaxing: my trusty i Pod (thank you honey!)

12. The deep reconnection with my dog and my understanding that he's part of the "bigger" plan in my life.

13. The fact that regardless of how you feel about politics, I love living in a country where I don't have to worry about my family finding my body in a ditch because I disagreed with somebody.

14. The daily gifts of birds in my backyard, squirrels on the trees, stars bright as diamonds now that we live a little bit farther away from "civilization"

15. The absolutely humbling fact that there's someone out there other than me, that is reading this!

What are you grateful to 2009 for?

Here's to a successful, abundant, expanding 2010!

Sandra Huber-CEO
Chief Encouraging Officer
The Soulful Parent
www.thesoulfulparent.com
www.twitter.com/soulfulparent
www.thesoulfulparent.blogspot.com



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to close out the year Sandra! You are amazing and we are all so blessed to have you doing what you do best! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sandra--You are an amazing woman and such an inspiration! Your words and thoughts are so warm, friendly, peaceful. After reading what you're grateful for, I am motivated to create the same sort of list for myself. What a great idea!

    Cheers to you, your family, the dog, the birds, the house...

    No doubt that the more we focus on the things we appreciate, the more we'll attract these and similar things into our lives. 2010 is gonna be a good year for you, my friend!

    Hugs!

    Lara Galloway
    The Mom Biz Coach
    www.mombizcoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan! I definitely feel blessed to have you as a colleague, friend and tribe sister! You rock!

    And thank you so much Lara for your encouraging, loving words. You have been such an inspiration to me personally and professionally. You have been an incredible source of learning and growth in more ways than you'll ever know!

    Cheers to an amazing 2010!

    ReplyDelete