Sunday, May 23, 2010

None of us is as strong as all of us!

What an amazing weekend!

I spend 3 days on training to become a Scream Free Certified Leader. ScreamFree Parenting is very much a revolutionary new option for parenting, that's is heart-centered. The beauty of it as I see it, is that it encourages parents to focus on themselves, grow themselves up, and calm themselves down. The ScreamFree Parenting principles support parents of all ages (with kids of all ages) in creating the families they not only have dreamed of but deserve.

One of the most amazing things I discovered for my own journey this weekend is the living expression of what my friend Amy Hillbrich Davis of Inspiring Moms told me once: none of us is as strong as all of us!

I feel so blessed to know there are other people, resources and programs out there that feel just as passionate as I do about changing the world. It's so exciting and encouraging! I love to connect with amazing people that understand that we change the world starting at the basic unit: the family.

I came across this story that illustrates the idea of supporting moms on the journey of motherhood in order for our world to be better for EVERYONE!

Did you hear about the farmer with great ears? Each year his yummy yellow corn won blue ribbons in corn competitions. When asked his secret by a journalist, this farmer replied, "I share my corn seed with all my neighbors." The journalist baffled, asked, "Huh?!?!" The farmer smiled,and explained: "It is like this.. the wind picks up pollen from ripening corn and cross-pollinates it from field to field. If my neighbors grow inferior corn, they lower the quality of my corn. Meaning, if I want to greedily grow the best-est corn ever, I must help my neighbors grow their best-est corn too".

I can personally testify that not only is it good for everyone when we all win. It also feels darn good!

Many blessings on your parenting journey!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment